Become a mentor
MLSC MENTOR PROGRAM
MLSC seeks volunteers to serve as mentors for our staff, donating a couple hours a month, to our legal secretaries, trial counselors, paralegals, attorneys, and our IT and accounting staff. If you have skills and knowledge that you would be willing to share, in a one-on-one basis over the phone or in person with one of our staff, please join our Mentor Program.
How our Mentor Program works:
- If you would like to serve as a mentor to an MLSC employee, please contact Lee Pliscou, MLSC’s Executive Director via email or (670) 322-6472 ext 305.
- MLSC Executive Director selects MLSC staff to pair with Mentor, and arranges introduction.
- Mentor and Mentee set an initial phone call, explore possible topics for the next phone call, and set the next phone call.
- Calls generally should be scheduled for once or twice a month, of no more than 1 hour in duration—although on mutual agreement between Mentor and Mentee, this can be adjusted.
- MLSC Executive Director will occasionally check in with both the Mentor and the Mentee—not as to the substance of any conversation, but only for a report on how well the Mentor Program is going—how frequent have the calls been, is the Program valuable to both the Mentor and the Mentee, any suggestions to improve the Program?
- Both Mentor and Mentee benefit!